We're a web firm based in Australia and focused on building and maintaining WordPress WooCommerce online stores with a growing team of talented and skilled team members in the Philippines. They love working with Blaze Online because they get to work from home but are still part of a great team and fast growing company and are constantly improving their skills and learning new ones. Plus we offer attractive compensation and performance bonuses.
You will work with the existing development team and clients to learn, maintain, and improve our current and future Wordpress + WooCommerce projects by providing technical leadership, building consistency across projects, and caring deeply about high quality documentation, procedures, and interfaces.
You will lead the development team by establishing best practices and procedures or tools, programming standards, well-designed, testable, and efficient code. You will also be responsible for providing hands-on expert level assistance to developers, customer support team, and sales team for technical issues by working across our services and internal tools to implement new features enhancements and bug fixes.
As a Technical Lead, you will also provide recommendations for strategic planning and system growth or future business needs, like future plugin, SAAS, or API development, and designing scalable systems that meet future growth demands.
The perfect candidate shall meet the following criteria:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience as a Web Developer or Technical Lead.
- Broad skills across a range of web based technologies:
- Backend and frontend.
- Multiple different programming languages.
- Multiple different databases.
- Multiple hosting solutions, from self hosted to cloud.
- Hands-on experience with third party integrations and mobile first responsive design implementations.
- Built own solutions from end to end, either as personal projects or as business endeavours.
- Quality-focused with excellent attention to detail.
- Works both independently and with other developers and has the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent English communication skills - written and verbal and able to address difficult concepts to intended audiences.
- Customer focused. Capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment interacting with multiple clients efficiently and able to provide assistance while maintaining a professional and friendly approach.
- Thrive in team environments, and enjoy getting things done.
- Work ethic. Possesses a strong willingness (commitment) to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Must be methodical and detail-oriented. Should be able to walk through processes step-by-step, and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Our Core Values
Ability to demonstrate, understand and apply our workplace values. These are embedded in all roles and candidates must evidence their values as part of the application process.
- Balanced - We create and maintain a healthy work-life balance, contributing to society, and demonstrating social responsibility.
- Lead - We take care of the business and clients as if they were our own, we are empowered to lead and make decisions.
- Accountability - We understand the ultimate goal and being free to creatively problem-solve in order to get there, and committing to great service and performance.
- Zeal - We have fun and find passion in our work, and seek to freely speak our mind.
- Excellence - We practice teamwork as we strive to be the best, in order to provide quality service for our clients.
- Compensation package commensurate with previous work experiences
- Participate in employee performance bonus and incentive schemes.
- Work 8 am to 5 pm Philippines time, Monday to Friday (earlier start and finish times can be proposed)
- Work from home - you must have a reliable PC/Laptop and a reliable internet connection, and a place where you can work uninterrupted.
- 10 days paid annual leave.
- Monthly internet allowance.
- Strictly observes national Philippine holidays.
Equal Opportunity at Blaze Online
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.